Getting into Nepal
Getting into Nepal is the foremost bucket list of every visitor. In order to enter our country, there are two options such as travelling by plane or by the vehicle from India or China. For more details, please go through the following.
If you want to get in Nepal by land, you can get into from India and Tibet. From Tibet, you have to cross the border at Kodari and take a bus to Kathmandu. It is about 7-8 hours drive to reach Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal. From India, take a train from Gorakhpur to Sunauli/Belahiya border, then take a bus to your destination. Birjung/Rakshaul, Kakarvitta, etc are also the possible borders for entering Nepal.
The Tribhuwan International Airport is only one international airport of Nepal which lies in Kathamandu. There are several airlines that fly to Nepal. See the lists of those airlines:
- Thai Airways International operates daily flight between Bangkok and Kathmandu.
- Qatar Airways flies daily between Doha and Kathmandu with connecting flights to/from Europe and America.
- Gulf Air has daily flight between UAE and Kathmandu with connecting flights to/from Europe and America.
- Air China flies between Lhasa, with connecting flights to/from mainland China.
- Austrian Airlines fly between Vienna and Kathmandu once a week.
- Indian Airlines have frequent flights between Delhi, Calcutta and Kathmandu.
- Turkish Airlines fly directly from Istanbul to Kathmandu.
Nepal Airlines flights
- Between Hong Kong and Kathmandu.
- Between Bangkok and Kathmandu.
- Between Singapore and Kathmandu via Bangkok.
- Between Osaka and Kathmandu via Shanghai.
- Between Delhi and Kathmandu.
- Between Bombay and Kathmandu.
Besides, there are Biman Bangladesh, Jet Airways and Pakistan Airlines which connect to Kathmandu and other countries.