List of Permits require for Everest base camp trek

  • Silu Pandey
  • Last Updated on Mar 12, 2024

Here are the lists of Permits require for the Everest base camp trek. Please, stick with us;

Table of Contents

Sagarmatha National Park Permit

This is a permit for entering the Sagarmatha National Park because this park lies on the way to the Everest base camp trek and the trekkers need to walk through this park for reaching the destination.

This permit can be bought at Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu or at the entrance Park in Monjo. The Sagarmatha National Park Permit costs NPR 3000 per person.

TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) Card

This is another permit card that every trekker must buy in order to enter the Everest region. It costs NPR 2000 per person. You can obtain it either in Kathmandu or Monjo. Every travel company helps to buy it. The Nepal Government has issued this TIMS Card recently.

Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality Entrance Permit

The Pasang Lhumu Rural Municipality Entrance Permit means a local permit. You can buy it only either in Lukla or Monjo in the Everest region, but not in Kathmandu. Because the local authority of the Khumbu region has implemented this permit. It costs NPR 2000 per person. This amount goes directly to the development of the Khumbu region.

Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek Permit

The place, Jiri from where Edmund Hillary (First Everest Climber) goes for the Everest Base Camp Trek for the first time. If you wish to go to the Everest base camp from Jiri, another additional permit is needed to obtain i.e. Gaurishankar Conservation Area Permit. It costs NPR 3000 and can be bought at Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu

EBC Helicopter Tour Permit

The Pasang Lhamu Sherpa Entrance Permit and the Sagarmatha National Park Permit are the Everest base camp Helicopter tour permits.

The most important fact is that you need to pay these amounts in Nepalese rupees. But your travel agency or a guide will arrange it.

List of documents required for obtaining the Trekking Permits

Photocopy of Passport

You need to submit a copy of your Passport for getting every kind of trekking permit for entering to Khumbu region.

Passport Size Photographs

You need to submit your passport-size photos for getting every kind of trekking permit for entering the Khumbu region. You should stick your photo on a trekking permit and fill up the form. But your guide and travel company will do this themselves.

Silu Pandey

Silu Pandey